Evangelism And Outreach Extension
- An Evangelism Extension shall be defined as any church that engages in Outreach Evangelism to a nearby unchurched community in one or more of the following ways: door knocking, home Bible studies, bus routes, street services, small groups, etc.
- In most circumstances, a church or individual desiring to start a work should first engage in some form of regular and measurable outreach before seeking approval to proceed to the next step.
- This step does not need prior approval from the District Board or NAM, but communication is vital for the future possibility of a preaching point and church plant.
- The local church pastor where this extension begins shall be responsible for ongoing communication with the North American Missions Director or Secretary. Communication is vital if the ultimate desire is to plant a new work.
- All Evangelism Extension activities shall be under the oversight of the sponsoring church pastor.
- When an Evangelism Extension is ready to expand into a regularly scheduled service that features preaching, it is time to apply for Preaching Point status.
For complete Church Plant Pathway Policies click here.